Tomato Tart From The Garden and a FREE Recipe Card Printable
There is nothing quite like a fresh tomato tart! Whether you’re using homegrown tomatoes from your garden, or fresh farmers’ market picks – this recipe is sure to please.
We’d love to hear your favorite recipes from the garden in the comments below. Being in an office of almost all women, you can imagine the recipe-swapping that goes on here. And make sure you download our FREE recipe card printable here.
Fresh Tomato Tart from the Junior League of Tallahassee’s cookbook, Thymes Remembered
Here’s what you’ll need:
1 9-inch pie pastry, unbaked
3 large ripe tomatoes
freshly ground pepper
1 tablespoon chopped fresh or 1 teaspoon dried basil
½ cup mayonnaise
½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ cup cracker crumbs
- Line a 10-inch tart pan with pie pastry.
- Prick crust well and bake according to package directions; cool.
- Slice tomatoes and place in layers in tart pan.
- Sprinkle with seasoned salt, pepper and basil.
- In small bowl, combine mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese and garlic powder.
- Spread mixture over tomatoes.
- Mixture will not completely cover tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with cracker crumbs.
- Bake tart at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.