Salads For Easter Sunday
Easter is quickly approaching! If you're hosting this year's Easter post-church lunch or evening get-together, it may be time to start thinking about your menu. We have collected some of our favorite salad recipes – including Laura's own favorite– to help you prep for the perfect Easter celebration. These crowd-pleasing spring greens will have everyone going back for seconds. Let's hop to it!
The Johnson Family Recipe: Seven Layer Salad
"A staple on our family's Easter table every year is a take on a Seven Layer Salad. In fact, my sister Marcie's favorite meal is our traditional Easter dinner and she's always in charge of bringing this salad! I've said it before, but I truly believe salads just taste better when someone else makes them - lucky us! I recommend using a footed glass bowl so all of the layers can be seen." - Laura Johnson, Coton Colors Founding Artist & CEO
- Chopped iceberg lettuce (one head)
- Chopped celery (4 stalks)
- Cooked green peas (one bag frozen)
- Chopped sweet onions (one large onion)
- Shredded cheddar cheese (one pound)
- Chopped tomatoes (Two, large)
- Chopped cooked bacon (8 slices)
- One cup Mayo mixed with two tablespoons of sugar
- Order of ingredients from bottom to top of the bowl:
- Lastly, spread mayo on top so it completely seals in the salad
- Then, place in the fridge for several hours or overnight so that the salad is extremely cold
For more salad recipes, check out this oldie but a goodie post featuring Laura's favorites here. We also shared simple ways to dress a salad here.
For even more meal-prep inspiration, here are five found salads that are sure to be a hit.
- Spinach & Strawberry Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing: A quick and easy recipe that the guests will love, and most importantly, the cook will like making.
- Honey Lime Rainbow Fruit Salad: A delicious twist on the classic fruit salad.
- Carrot-Avocado Salad: An surprising, yet tasty, combination.
- Layered Deviled Egg Pasta Salad: Not only does it look impressive, but it also tastes amazing.
- Dandelion Potato Salad: Dandelion leaves are the salad addition that you never knew you needed.
Next up: Setting your Easter Table. We're sharing two looks featuring our festive Easter products - stay tuned!