Laura on: Summer nights + low country boil recipe
There’s really nothing I love more than long weekends at the beach with my family. Having everyone in one place with nowhere to be is medicine for my soul. One thing we love to do at the beach is cook together at night. We recently made a low country boil that was fantastic, so I thought I’d share the recipe and some pictures of the night with you guys. Check out that sunset!
- ½ cup of Old Bay Seasoning
- 4 lbs. of small new potatoes
- 2 lbs. smoked sausage
- 6 ears of corn, cut into thirds
- 4 lbs. shrimp
- 2 lemons, quartered
- Add old Bay seasoning and potatoes
- Cook for 5-10 min.
- Add sausage and corn and cook for 10 min.
- Add shrimp and cook approximately 3 min (just until shrimp turn pink)
- Squeeze lemons over prepared dish (and I like to then mix the lemons in with the dish)