Favorite Ways to Personalize
Let me just start by saying, I love a good monogram! While I adore all the jewelry and accessory options available, I’m also always on the lookout for fabulous yet less expected ways to personalize everyday essentials. Here are a few of my absolute favorites.
- I love the idea of a simple monogram on your keychain so you’ll never have to worry about mixing up your keys again! I decided to get a monogramed key chain after I spent way too long trying to describe my boring set of keys to a very impatient valet.
TIP: This would be an easy and oractical thank you for bridal or baby showers. Simply pick colors that work with your party theme to make it memorable.
- Our Intern Emily walked in one day wearing monogrammed chucks. They instantly they caught my eye. Converse kicks are something I would have never thought to personalize, but the modern update to true a classic looks really adorable!
- Monogrammed wayfarer style sunglasses are another great gift option. They are subtle and stylish. This could be a fun gift for a sorority sister, vacation getaway or summer soiree.
- My absolute favorite thing to monogram is bath towels, pillowcases and bedsheets. I think it just adds something special to your bedroom and bathroom. It’s simple yet sophisticated.
TIP: Try monogramming “his” and “hers” on bedroom and bathroom essentials to keep playful tabs on everyday favorites.
- I love drinking out of my personalized Color Block Mug. It makes my morning routine easy while I wake up to the world. My coffee, my mug… Hands off! Clearly, I’m not a morning person.
- I cannot even begin to count how many umbrellas I’ve lost or mixed up with someone else’s. In the final months of summer here in Florida, we get afternoon showers almost everyday. I always dump my soaked umbrella by the door, usually alongside a pile of everyone else’s. When it comes time to brave the rain again, I can never tell mine apart from others. A monogrammed umbrella made all the difference! Now I can dig mine out of the pile faster, and if I forget it at the office or lend it to a friend, it always gets returned to me promptly.
TIP: Monogramming your beach umbrella is fun way to claim your spot on the beach and makes it easy to find later.
- This is a super cute idea for anyone who spends a lot of time in the sun. My sister Kyle gave a personalized baseball cap to me as a gift and I always wear it at the beach and outdoor events to keep the sun off my face.
TIP: If you have a hat you love with a logo on the front, you could put a tiny monogram on the back above the adjuster.
Adding signature style to overlooked necessities adds a little flair to otherwise boring yet functional objects… And I love flair!
Sara Kate Johnson, Graphic Designer and daughter of Coton Colors Founding Artist, Laura Johnson. Sara blogs about her creative influences, memorable family moments and everyday inspirations.